Glenn Bischoff makes the case for why Harlin McEwen, a long-time advocate for public safety communications, is a great fit for Chairman of the Public Safety Advisory Committee (PSAC) within FirstNet. McEwen has been dedicated to the creation of a successful broadband network for first responders since “Day One” argues Bischoff, and will be a valuable asset for the PSAC.
- Harlin McEwen is a great fit for the PSAC due to his abundance of experience and knowledge of the public safety community
- Bischoff proposes that FirstNet also find a role for the National Public Safety Telecommunication Council (NPSTC)
- While some may argue that McEwen is too rooted in the LMR culture to fully embrace the possibilities of LTE, Bischoff argues that McEwen is more than capable of adapting and evolving his thinking
Food for Thought:
- It is yet to be seen how much authority the PSAC will have in FirstNet’s decision-making process
- How can FirstNet and the PSAC be sure to include all branches and voices within the public safety community, while still being efficient and effective?